Subject: RE: [Leica] Used SL or SL2
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:06:38 +0100

Tom,
Fieldgrass and Gale, a long established trading outfit in the UK have at
present several SLs for under 200 UKP, a veritable bargain. At the other
extreme I think I can find a boxed SL2 (unopened) but this may well be over
1500 UKP.

I have no R cameras, but an SL, which I think is great and an  SL2 (too!)
which is handier for lower light level readings (by 2 stops) especially
with the additional backlight. It will also accomodate 3 extra lenses if
you want to fit the 16mm Fisheye, the 80-200mm zoom or the 24mm. The
additional split screen rangefinder in the microprism is good for some
lenses, less useful for others.

The SL and SL2 (both of which were designed for 2 Cam lenses) may work with
some ROM lenses, but I'm not sure on this and would suggest you e-mail
Leica direct for their advice.

Jem