Subject: [Leica] RE: [Leica] crimping WAS: SNAPS & Engla nd & the LHS: NOW "snaps use"
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:13:04 +0100

Johnny,
Just recently finished one part of George Melly's memoirs of his time in
the Navy, post school and at the end of WWII.
Though he didn't mention this expression there's a whole lot of
entertaining stories, thoroughly reccomended, there's even a Lincolnshire
connection (for us) in that he went to HMS Royal Arthur (Skegness Butlins)
for his initial training.
'Rum, Bum and Concertina' is the title.
For those who don't know of George Melly, he is a (British) jazz singer.

Jem