Subject: Re: [Leica] Silveroxide or Alkaline?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:58:00 -0800 (PST)

Jerry wrote:
I can't find 3V lithium cell in Indonesia.  Also silver oxide 1.5v has
been sold out in most of camera store. But I can find 1.5v Alkaline
cell, Can I use it for my M6?
Hi Jerry,

Living in Indonesia, I understand your problem of finding suitable
cells. I once contacted Leica to ask if it was possible to use alkaline
cells in an R7. Leica's response was that they had never tested
alkaline cells an didn't recommend them. I expect this applies equally
to the M6. The problem, in any case, with alkaline cells is that the
voltage declines with use. This can give inaccurate meter readings.
Silver oxide or lithium cells, on the other hand, maintain a steady
voltage until they die. You could try looking for lithium cells at
Bursa Kamera Profesional, Wisma Benhil, Jl. Jend. Sudirman. Silver
oxide cells are impossible to find.

Regards,

=====
Ray