Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tripod Lust
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:56:01 -0800

brougham3@yahoo.com wrote:

> Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> wrote:
>
> >G1128 Compact carbon-fiber tripod: It weighs almost nothing and feels a lot
> >more rigid than the aluminum #126 tripod!
>
> >From the web site:
>
> :: The Aluminium version has a maximum height of 162 cm (64 inches) and a
> :: weight of 2,20 kg (4,90 lbs) while the three sections Carbon fibre
> :: reach a height of 171 cm (67 inches) and 164 cm (65 inches) for the
> :: four sections version; their weigh is 2 kg (4,41 lbs) and all three
> :: models have a maximum recommended load of 6 kg (13 lbs).
>
> The carbon fibre is only 10% lighter?  I figured they'd be significantly
> lighter, especially for the jump in price.

Only 10%.

if you use no or a short center post you've lightened it just as much.
But carbon is our chief life form here on this planet.
So you should try to appease it when ever you can.
It absorbs shocks like wood does instead of transmits it.
Sounds like great hype but i believe it!

mark rabiner

i do believe in carbon i do i do i do i do!
a great absorber of money!!!

Replies: Reply from Michael Chmilar <chmilar@mminternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Tripod Lust)