Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use"
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:36:20 -0500

> I'd feel funny calling stuff photographs when i pull out the paper out of the
> box and it's like high class typing paper and i stick it into the machine and it
> goes crunch crunch squirt squirt.
> OK so it looks great...

And here I foolishly thought that that was what it was all about...

 but in another sense it's just a very high class Xerox.

Virtually unrelated, both in terms of the process, and in terms of what
the technologies are used for. A xerography machine is used for copying
an image that has already been printed using some other medium - while
the inkjet (have it your way) process is used for producing the image in
the first place.

> Photo paper if i open it up it is ruined.
> There is a little tag which says' "if you can read this than you just blew 40 bucks"

What's your point? It thrills me that I can open the box under bright
lights and NOT blow 40 bucks. And I can print at my desk and not have to
go into the darkroom for hours.

> Giclee is French!
> I ain't!

So are Mephistos...What would you call them, Devil Shoes? :-)

> When i start using the french for "inkjet" instead of "inkjet" then i KNOW i am trouble.

Next thing you know I'll have a walking stick and a cluster of other
affectations!
> A snuff box....."care to inspect my Giclee collection in my appartment my dear?"
> My little pomegranate seed… My little artichoke heart…

Care to come up and see my collection of silver prints?

"Say what?"

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> ([Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use")
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use")
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] WAS: SNAPS & England & the LHS: NOW "snaps use")