Subject: [Leica] Re: Reassembling a BEOON close-up stand
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:08:26 +0100

I've just bought a used BEOON and had discovered that the black
magnifier unit has been the subject of an amateur repair. (The
eyepiece had obviously become detached from the focussing tube, and in
the process of gluing it back, the owner had managed to glue the
focussing tube in place!).

Having stripped it down, and carefully removed all the accumulated
glue, I'm now ready to reassemble the unit, but face the problem that
the orientation of the optical parts may not have been correct after
the previous owner re-assembled it.

Could someone who owns a BEOON please confirm for the me the correct
orientation of the following:

The magnifying lens which forms the eyepiece has a curved face and a
flat face. Which way round should this be mounted?

The ground glass screen has a matt side, and a glossy side. Which way
around should this be mounted?

I believe that the lens should be fitted with the flat side nearest
the eye, and the curved side on the inside, while the screen should be
mounted with its matt (ground) side facing the downward, but it would
be good to get this confirmed.

Regards,

Doug Richardson

Replies: Reply from "Edward J Kowaleski" <edwardkg@umd.umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: Reassembling a BEOON close-up stand)