Subject: [Leica] Re: Why the Rollei is harder to use
From: Doug Nygren <dnygr@cshore.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:18:57 -0500

Someone asked why I find the Rollei 6003 harder to use than the M6. It's
heavier, more cumbersome, the image is reversed (this is something one
can get used to, however). It's harder to hold with just one hand.

But put it on a tripod and it is easier to use than an M6 on a tripod. I
take a lot of long exposures at night and know the difficulties of
focusing the M6 on a tripod. However, like many things, you get the hang
of it after a while.

When I go on vacation, I take both my M6 and the Rollei. I like to use
the Rollei for transparency and Black and white work. I try not to use
the Rollei for color negative work because the lab I use is more
expensive for medium format prints than for 35mm.

doug nygren