Subject: [Leica] Re: (slightly OT) photoshop help needed
From: brougham3@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 05:01:06 -0600

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:48:13 -0800 (PST), stefan smith
<stefan_asmith@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I've been trying to present photos on the page so they
>looked slightly raised off the page, with a shadow
>beneath.

Search for "photoshop drop shadow tutorial" in your favorite search engine,
and you'll come up with tons of hits.

The effect looks cool...at first.  Since everybody has overdone that
particular effect, it gets very old, very quickly.  If your images can stand
by themselves, let them.  Don't resort to cheap tricks that detract from the
actual images.  My opinion, of course.  :)