Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #245
From: Dscamero@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:51:13 EST

In a message dated 3/25/01 3:49:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< From: "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
 Subject: [Leica] Digital M's? >>
Frank,
I totally agree.  The modifications required to accomodate a digital
interface would
indeed appear straight forward to execute.  The difficulty is the ccd with
24x36mm surface.....But wait a couple of months/years and I am sure they will
be available.

This may be the method to transition fine optics from silver based film to
digital media.

David Cameron
p.s Were you with Williams about 10 years ago? I recall meeting Frank Dernie
at the Detroit G.P. with Pete Weismann.