Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:41:25 -0500

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 10:15:28 -0500, "Austin Franklin"
<austin@darkroom.com> wrote:

>> >Following fast moving objects with a TLR using the WLF is surely
>> an act of
>> >masochism ;-)
>>
>> They Yashica 124G has a sports finder built in for eye level action
>
>That was a joke...think about trying to follow fast moving objects using a
>reverse image.  Yes, the Rollei has a 'sports finder' as part of the Waist
>Level Finder.  There is no focusing or accurate framing when using the
>'sports finder' though.  DOF should take care of focusing.  The F actually
>has a 90 degree finder as part of the WLF, it has a little magnifier and
>mirror...image is still backwards though since there is no prism...but it
>was kind of a neat idea.

I used both the sports finder and the flip-down 90 degree finder for
shooting candids at weddings in the early 70's.  I much preferred the
plain "hole in the box" sports finder, though - the flip-down finder
was way too much hassle when shooting a receiving line.  Set the
camera to 3 meters, focus with your feet, shoot extra frames and pray.
Ahh, the "good" old days.

Paul

Message from "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Quality versus Medium Format)