Subject: [Leica] Motor-M
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 15:14:16 -0500

I just picked up one of the new M motors.  My initial impression is
that it's quite sturdy.  Handling it with a 75 attached gives me no
cause for concern.. I like the ergonomics, too.  As a dedicated user
of the M-Grip I quite like the feel of the round battery post .  since
I have never owned a Topcon, though.  maybe that's just anticipatory
nostalgia :-)

Two quibbles:

The shutter button backlash is noticeable.  More than that, if I mash
down on the button the motor will not wind until I take pressure off.
This means you have to be careful keep a light pressure on the button.

The other issue is that it was apparently shipped with weak batteries.
The included Duracells made a nice show when the camera was empty, but
wouldn't wind it with film inserted.  Changing to some fresh batteries
fixed the problem.

On balance I think I'm going to like this motor a lot.  Time to shoot
some film with it.

Later,
Paul

Message from "SML" <inyoung@jps.net> ([Leica] Leica 100/2.8 APO-Macro-Elmarit For Sale)