Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Quality versus Medium Format
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:55:16 EST

In a message dated 3/25/2001 1:02:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
austin@darkroom.com writes:

<< BTW, my opinion, anyone who hasn't used MF, and is into photography, really
 should get one and use it...it is a different world ;-) >>
It is a different world, but looking through the lens is still the way that
gives me the best "feeling" when shooting. I have used both rangefinders,
SLR's and view cameras and still always come back to the SL and SL2 cameras
as my favorites for almost everything. I simply do not like the detachment
from the image that the a rangefinder produces. Yes, the M camera is a
beautiful piece of equipment and I love beautiful "equipment,' but it terms
of speed and even the much daunted "accuracy" thing, it is just faster and
better with the SLR - at least for me.

Bob Figlio