Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Edge of Teeth and Erwin's prose
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:36:39 EST

In a message dated 3/19/2001 3:47:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
icommag@toad.net writes:

<< to convince
 > Erwin (and through him, us) that the current products are an improvement.

I just noticed this discussion. I don't need Erwin to tell me that the 35 1.4
ASPH M lens is better than any previous Leica M lens. I don't need Erwin to
tell me that the 100 Macro APO R is probably the best lens I own. I don't
need Erwin to tell me that the new R zooms are better than my prime lenses at
the same focal lengths. I wish it were not so, since I own all of that old
stuff. I have a beautiful two cam 180, 2.8 Elmarit that is built like they
used to make them, but it cannot compare with the newer 180, 2.8 let alone
the APO's.
However, the M6 is not as good as the M4 or M5 - I know that,too cause I have
had them all, but I would rather use the M6. Same for my R cameras - I love
my SL and SL2 but I ususally take out the R7 or even the R3 if I am going to
a dirty/wet place.  Oh well,
Bob Figlio