Subject: Re: [Leica] snapshot! insult or compliment?
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:32:09 -0500

> Last year in "American Photo", Cornell Capa called one of his brother's
> photographs (the little girl running on the street with her mother during a
> German bombing) "a snapshot". He called it a masterpiece, too.
> So I do not suppose it really is an insult. It just depends on the image, I
> think.
> Matteo Persivale
> Milan, Italy

You also have to think of the context in which something is
labelled--"snapshot" or "masterpiece". I know some people who call somebody
else an "idiot" as an endearment. Some people would be offended. But it is
in the context of how the term is used. And we should probably think of that
before jumping to conclusions.

Steve
Annapolis