Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:38:38 -0800

Exactly one year ago today i got a 63mm  2.8 El Nikkor for $228. From B&H!

This lens is made in smaller amounts and is heavy: heavier than the 105!!
isn't that interesting! I'm sure it's worth something!!!
Invented for slide copying perhaps.
It's extra added coverage makes for excellent sharpness right out to the corners
of your 24x36mm field.*
I had been using the 50 5.6 for my 35mm work. But mainly printing 8x10's not 11x14's!
Now I'm standardize on 11x14's.
And will stop down two with my Zig aligned enlarger printing at 5.6!

That would be wide open with the 80! a non doer!!!

The 63 is an amazing find money wise and is used by some good people who would
other wise be using in most cases very expensive German stuff.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/
* wont cover superslides surprisingly! 45x45
not made for that!

Message from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography)