Subject: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography
From: "Mose, J P" <j.p.mose@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:28:23 -0600

Greetings:

I'm new to the LUG and also new to the Leica world.  I really enjoy all of
your comments.  It has been quite an education (some are quite entertaining
as well!!!)  I've been into photography for 30 years and finally saw the
light and bought a new Leica M6TTL with a used 50mm Summicron M (made in
Canada).  I mention "Canada" because I was recently snubbed by a fellow
Leica user for buying a Canadian Summicron versus the latest German model.
My shots have been outstanding so didn't pay much attention.  However, I am
curious what some of you experts have to say on the two models.  I also need
advice on the purchase of an enlarging lens that will match the quality of
Leica.  My prior lens was damaged a few years back. I am now ready to set up
a darkroom again and need to purchase a lens.  Recently, someone suggested
using a scanner (versus developing prints).  Would the image quality be as
good?  I honestly don't know much about scanners or digital for that matter
(I learned photography on a 4 X 5 Speed Graphic so I'm having trouble moving
forward to digital!).  Thanks for your help.

Replies: Reply from Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography)
Reply from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses for B&W Photography)