Subject: [Leica] Oh, Canada!
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:45:55 -0800 (PST)

>> I've been into photography for 30 years and finally
saw
the
>> light and bought a new Leica M6TTL with a used 50mm

Summicron
>> M (made in Canada). I mention "Canada" because I
was
recently
>> snubbed by a fellow Leica user for buying a
Canadian
Summicron
>> versus the latest German model. My shots have been
outstanding
>> so didn't pay much attention.

>Your response was totally appropriate. IMO the German
vs.
>Canadian thing all
comes down to snob appeal. I've never paid a bit of
>attention to the country
of manufacture when buying a Leitz/Leica lens. Use the

>lenses you like best!

And then there are those of us who actually search
specifically for the Canadian versions...

Steve Patriquen
London
standing on guard for thee...