Subject: Re: [Leica] WEEK 12
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:24:43 -0500

At 04:53 PM 3/20/01 -0800, Lee Bacchus wrote:
>This week
>(http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810) I've
>included a shot I just did for a magazine piece I'm writing (and shooting)
>called Masters of the Muniverse. It's about the legends around our local
>public ("muni") golf courses. This guy is 86, plays every day and happens to
>be a seven handicap. He's had six aces and once shot a 59 at Vancouver's
>first public course (a par-66) back in the '30s. He's holding a favorite
>club of his ‹ some Walter Hagen artifact from a millenia ago.

Great portrait. He looks to have some interesting character.

>The other shot
>(Sleeping) may be of some interest to Neopan 1600 fans. This was shot at
>1600 and souped in PMK pyro.

Sleeping kids shots are cute, but more interesting to me is the wonderful
range of tonality that you managed with Neopan 16k. When I last shot it
(and had Kodak process it in Gods know what) my roll looked like
Lithography film it was so contrasty. Time to get some developing equipment
I guess (or time to take my B&W to "Just B&W" in Portland and pay pay pay
for great results.)

>I was thinking, too, that one of these weeks (perhaps a specially designated
>week, like April Fools week), all the PAW participants should include a
>self-portrait. Might make for a fun challenge. Whaddya all think?

Sounds like a great idea. I will make the attempt if you can all stand it. :)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé
Denmark, Maine, USA

Replies: Reply from "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net> (Re: [Leica] WEEK 12)