Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35mm M Summicron ASPH lens-flare
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:18:10 -0800

>QED - so much for the 35mm Summicron ASPH being the "best ever
>Leica lens"!
>
>Regds,
>
>Andrew Nemeth

Andrew,

Don't be so quick to dis the lens. Everything I've ever heard or read about
the lens has been overwhelmingly positive; that has been my personal
experience as well.

So far, you're the only person I've ever heard of that has had a problem
with the the 35 Summicron ASPH, which would suggest to me that the problem
is your particular sample, and not the lens in general.

I'm interested to learn what could be causing the flare. Please keep us posted.

For now, let's append that QED with a necessary "in limitatio".

Guy