Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35mm M Summicron ASPH lens-flare
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:41:24 -0800

>Andrew,
>
>Just curious, and boy do I ever not want to mention the letters, but do you
>use...you know....UV filters?
>
>John Collier

John,

To avoid detection by the UV Death Squad, you might have coded the
dangerous message you innocently posted to this forum. I kindly suggest any
of the following to cloak any further discussion of this most delicate
subject:

Ubiquitous Viciousness Filter
Unbearable Vituperation Filter
Unnecessarily Vexatious Filter

This subtle camouflage should keep you from harm in future.

Guy

P.S. I learned this trick from a group of youthful drug pushers who,
fearing their phones were being tapped (they were), coded their speech with
things like "Fried Beans Incorporated" (for FBI, doncha know) to befuddle
the hapless police. The latter proved free of befuddlement and apprehended
the rhetorically ingenious criminals. But don't let their failure
discourage you. Befuddlement has been on the rise now for quite some time.