Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica and Desing
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:45:51 +0100

Horst wrote:

> Douglas, I object to you continuously insulting the look and the quality of my
> Leica lenses.
> The 35mm screw mount lenses
> looked good, but where a dog to use. (by this I mean to adjust the diaphragm and
> set the focus.

 Horst, I object to you continuously insulting the look and the quality of my
 Leica lenses.

 My Summitar not only looks good, but also is a joy to use.
 Freely and accurately moving diaphragm (result of one night with Teflon grease),
 focus ring, working without wobble I noticed on 2.8/90 Elmarit I saw in Warsaw,
 extremely useful focusing tab (move it to the camera bottom - lens is set
 to Usual Streetshooting Distance, no need to look at scale..., infinity lock,
 so much useful in many photographical situations...
 Elmar 4/90 coated - the same. After disassembly and cleaning, works perfectly
 and is easier to use than Elmarit 2.8/90, as a both lighter (if a
 one stop slower) and easier to focus (large Grasp Area) lens. Again - no wobble,
 freely and easily moving rings....
 etc....

 Just to cite you:

 > Look Stanislaw, don't be such an expert on things you don't own.

 Look Horst, don't be such an expert on things you don't own.

 Mi'y'a angry? mi'y'a aggressive? Niet! :-)
 best wishes to all blind Leica A.G. defenders around the world! :-)
 -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace