Subject: [Leica] 100 APO Macro lens testing.
From: "A. H. Ongun" <ahongun@ecsysinc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:08:51 -0800

I don't know whether I'd consider the tests at Photodo valid for a macro
lens as the tests are done at infinity rather then close-up.  On a macro
lens I'd consider close-up focusing at smaller apertures more critical.

An example is the Zeiss 120 Makro Planar.  It tests lousy (compared to
others)  at infinity, however  I'd consider its performance spectacular in
close-up focus situations upto 1:1 (I haven't used it reversed with bellows
which would take it to 1:2.58).

andy