Subject: Re: [Leica] Aesthetics vs. Function
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:03:03 -0500

At 12:35 PM 3/19/01 -0500, Douglas Cooper wrote:
>Leica has simply become lazy, and complacent in the face of
>mediocrity.  And it's sad.

True, but if we remember that they got their lunch handed to them the last
time they made a major aesthetic design change in their RF line (the best M
body...the M5), one can hardly blame them for being cautious and
conservative. It is sad, but then again, look what they did with the design
of the R8.

I'd like to see some new RFs in those groovy art deco lines and colours
that Kodak used in the early 20C with its consumer cameras.
(But I'm an Art Deco/Arts&Crafts movement kinda guy.)
Michael

Replies: Reply from "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Aesthetics vs. Function)
Reply from Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com> (Re: [Leica] Aesthetics vs. Function)