Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Using the Russar 20mm on the Bessa R or L and other oddball combinations
From: "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 07:32:14 -0500

Good point.

In fitting the Industar (Elmar), Summar, Collapsible Summicron, 35 Jupiter
and the like to the Hexar, I have not had any problems (it looks like the
lens cavity is specifically designed to handle big rear elements and
collapsing barrels - the Jupiter exactly fits the cylindrical form of the
chamber; and the Summicron, Summar and Industar come to rest about 1mm
from the shutter).  Somebody clearly thought of this problem.  Or had his
favorite LTM lenses in mind when designing the body.