Subject: [Leica] Leicaflex SL Explanation
From: "Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:48:41 +1000

Excuse my naivete but I do not understand what Dick Gilcreast means when he
comments in Volume 28 No 2 1995 on the SL that "the central microprism is
cut for the relatively large lens speed of f2.8 ...and is therefore
relatively more accurate shooting at f2". He also says that the best lenses
to use with the SL screen are f2, f2.8, f3.4 and f3.5 lenses.

He makes similar comments about the outer prisms being "cut for about f5.6".

Could list members please help me decipher this ? I am new to the SL and
require some assistance.

Kind Regards,

Tony Salce

Kind Regards