Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:48:14 +0100

> > But I took a example of properly adjusted cameras.
>
> I have a shutter speed tester.  It's a pretty accurate one.  I find speeds
> on most any camera are quite varied...  My point is, no matter how much you
> adjust it, it will still have tolerances that will make the adjustments only
> so accurate...

Yes. As I was repairing various SM Leicas and Zorkis, I found that their
shutter speeds varied by as much, as 50%. All of these cameras were
"properly adjusted". But rangefinder is a other thing that shutter speed
tester. Just look at rangefinder schematics...

But yes, you may be right. I responded initially just because no other
did . Now, as I see, all hastened to help you solve this question.
I can crawl back (under my dark stone - thanks, MarkR!) and others
will help you much more.

- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace