Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie- 35 & 50 lens choices and M6 vs G2
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:21:49 -0500

The 50 Summicron that I own is the near focus variety, dating from the
1960s.  It is an excellent lens, fully capable opf taking first rate
photographs.  And it is available used  at very reasonable prices.   And
according to Erwin Puts, subsequent versions of the 50 Summicron are even
better, so that basically you can't go wrong with any 50 Summicron.   Just
get one the best suits your budget.  You won't be sorry about the quality.

The version prior to the current 50 has a detachable hood and focusing tab;
some people prefer it for these factors, but I believe that optically it is
identical to the current version.

Can't comment on the Cosinas, or 35s.

dan c.

Replies: Reply from "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com> (Re: [Leica] Week 11 in Denver)