Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: Stanislaw Stawowy <watteau@email.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:33:40 -0500 (EST)

> Possibly everything.  If the M3 was not designed/built
with
> the same tolerances and materials then they are different.
> The ability to adjust the  rangefinder and for it to
> maintain accuracy will only be as good as the
> design tolerances and materials will allow.

Yes, you are certainly right.
But I took a example of properly adjusted cameras.
Then, and only then, we can compare their focusing
accuracy. And there applies rights of optics
and ergonomics, stating that M3 will have an
advantage above M6.

Many of LUGers stated that M3 were better built
than contemporary M6. So, at least with build
quality issue, opinions are clearly
differentiated :-)

There is also a framing issue: M3 has bigger
framelines, so you can frame more accurately
with Noctilux. This is another advantage.

And flare with M6 ? Maybe I am repeating my
arguments, but I hear here so frequent woes
aout flare in M6's that I can't stop myself
from passing it there...

As a final word: I am too not very sure about
it, just like you. All I wrote above are
hypotheses and/or things I heard/read
somewhere. I vote for M3, but YMMV...
(..little one) <-I couldn't resist to add this. Sorry! :)

have a lot of darkness for your
(planned) summicron and light for everything else!

St.