Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 with 50 1.0 Noctilux
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:42:42 +0100

Chris,

Yes it can, but you can expect to have a high percentage of out of focus
shots. That is just the nature of lenses like the Noctilux or the 75mm
Summilux, where depth of field at maximum aperture at a distance
suitable for a portrait is measured in mm. If you focus on a person's
eyes, for example, the slightest movement of the head will render the
image out of focus.

Nathan

onetreehillclw wrote:

> Can a M3 accurately focus a 50 1.0 at 1.0 ??
> I have had some luck, but some times no luck.
>
> Chris Williams
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=106765

- --
Nathan Wajsman