Subject: Re: [Leica] Generations of Leica Equipment, and Quality
From: "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 22:33:47 +0100

> The cameras are what they are.
> Enjoy them.
>
> Henry

I do! That is why I use M6s and my M4-2. Now that I've got  a .56 my 35
lives on that, my 28 with ext finder on a 'classic' M6 and the summilux 50
on the M4-2. The 50 is where I need low light focussing. BUT some of the
claims leica make in the brochures - noise, low light focussing - apply more
to the older generation Ms. I know this is an old discussion that keeps
going the rounds, but the M4/M3/M2 have a great 'feel' and a great finder.
But his has nothing to do with taking pictures and it doesn't affect picture
quality, but the RF flare-out does. If I was given a choice, I'd rather have
a flare-free finder than a meter. I think this really only applies to
amateurs like me - if i was Ted and had veternary stories to tell I'd just
use and abuse the things!

Julian

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] Generations of Leica Equipment, and Quality)