Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon 35/2 black and Leica 90/2.8 Elmarit-M: First Look
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:45:34 -0800

I have the last version of the 90 Elmarit-R, which is the same optical
design as the M. One day, after a tepid demonstration, a friend of mine
and I were doing tailgate show and tell, checking the differences of his
M against my R. The M had a greenish cast, whereas the R had a magenta
cast. His M was also flexing in the middle from excessive wear, never
mind that the M lens was only a few years old. That was shocking, it
reminded me of my old 1980 28mm M, which flexed in the middle after only
a few months. The dealer changed it straight across the counter, no
question asked. This last M-R Elmarit design out shots my old, and
thankfully departed, 90 'cron,(or 'crud more appropriately) in
contre-jour situations. That's after having 4, all of them being being
pathetic performers.

Slobodan Dimitrov