Subject: [Leica] Re: [Leica] On the History of Voigtländer
From: "Giorgio Ferrari" <fergio@galactica.it>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:39:17 +0100

> Well, they didn't.  When the direct male Voigtländer line died out, a
> family trust was established.  This trust sold the company to the Schering
> drug company in 1925.  When Schering was going through some fiscal woes in
> the early 1950's, they, in turn, sold the Voigtländer concern to the Zeiss
> foundation.  In 1965, Zeiss merged Voigtländer into Zeiss Ikon.  When the
> Zeiss foundation decided to halt camera production by Z-I-V, most of the
> remnants of Voigtländer were sold to Rolleiflex Fototechnic.  And, when
> Rollei went bankrupt in 1980, the Voigtländer assets were retained by
> Rollei save for the name.
>
> And that is the name which is currently licensed to Cosina (and to
others).

> Marc

Well, Marc.
No news under the sun. The Contax name was licensed to Kyocera and the
Voigtländer name was licensed to Cosina. Were is the problem? Maybe the new
Contax cameras are the same of the old rangefinder cameras? Cosina lenses
are good lenses, excellent lenses for the price. I've no repulsion when I
put them onto my Leica cameras.

Too much poison, onto the LUG, around the Cosina/Voigtländer name; without
reason.

Giorgio Ferrari

Replies: Reply from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: [Leica] On the History of Voigtländer)
Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] On the History of Voigtländer)