Subject: Re: [Leica] This is the saddest day I had on the LUG, was: Bessa T
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:54:16 +0100

Lucien,

I feel the same way. Having met Tom in person a couple of times, and having interacted
with him off list, I just cannot fathom how anyone can question his integrity. I am
not a lawyer, but to me the statements made by Small fall under the definition of
slander, libel or whatever the right term is (NO, I DO NOT WANT A LECTURE FROM THE
LAWYERS ON THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIBEL AND SLANDER, I CAN LOOK IT UP MYSELF).

Just to give people an idea of how Tom does business, I will relate the story of how I
acquired my two RapidGrips. Before Photokina I corresponded with Tom and asked him to
bring a RapidGrip for me, knowing that it was still at the prototype stage. He did,
and I bought it from him and was very pleased with it. A few weeks after Photokina I
got an email from Tom's wife asking for my address; Tom had made a few improvements to
the RapidGrip and wanted to send me a new one free of charge. Needless to say, I
gratefully accepted his kind offer.

I too demand that the individuals who questioned Tom's integrity offer a full,
unconditional, public apology.

Brian, I realize that you want this off-topic thread to end, but since the
perpetrators committed their insults in public, they should also apologize in public.

Nathan

lucien wrote:

> Steve and Marc,
>
> This is really cheap and slanderous.
>
> I don't believe what I just wrote.
>
> Both of you should apologize to Tom publicly.
>
> Tom A. is one of the the nicest person I know , and one of the rare LUGers I trust
> at 100%.
>
> This is the saddest day I had on the LUG !
>
> Lucien

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland