Subject: Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: "Sonny Carter" <cartersn@alpha.nsula.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:35:47 -0600

Jay----
It is clear from your little notes to those of us who were flippant to
George, that you did not read the whole string before you started shaming
us.
    When he posted his first message, I was struck by envy, yes.  I even
admitted it in a later posting.  When he dragged out his (non-photo)
credentials, as if to say, "Do you know who you are speaking to...", then
told someone to zip their lip, (who was rude there?) I pegged him as a
candidate for the Leica buyers group; people who buy cameras as jewelry.
    As I said in a post that others disagreed with, I hate to see nice gear
not being used.
     I was a Leica shooter for twenty-five years before I could buy my first
new one.
    I bought all my lenses used, and for that, I thank those who buy Leica
stuff and sell when they don't use it.
    Of course, down here in the 'Oldest Permanent Settlement in the
Louisiana Purchase,' we have a saying about people like that--- "He must not
be from around heah . . ."