Subject: Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:42:52 -0800

I've got mixed feelings about these "Hey I've got a 3 thousand dollar camera
anyone know what those little numbers on the dial thingy are?" thread.
Some of us spent a  long time saving up for your expensive German toys the
meanwhile using lowly Japanese Nikons and other toys and making pictures.
It's not this guys fault he's rich and inexperienced. People should be nice.
But it does come across a little guileless, on the LUG.
Perhaps if such basic questions were asked on a more generalized photographic
Newsgroup or email list they would feel more universally appropriate.
I've gotten pissed off on these questions before to and answered with at least
as little restraint.
I guess i've gottem them and other issues out of my system.
Mark

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

Ebay? sure what the hell!
Jobos? sure what the hell!
UV Filters? sure just don't tell me about it.
Xtol? Terrific but there are other develpers.
Shoot wide open all the time? sure what the hell!
lots a little issues...