Subject: RE: [Leica] WE WUZ ROBBED!-Copyright law
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:41:01 -0600

De: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>

SNIP

>  If I find that someone has stolen the use of one of my
>photographs, you can believe that they will get an invoice from me; and, if
>the copyright notice is not present or mangled, they will get an invoice
>for three times the standard use rate.  The fact that something is standard
>practice does not make it right or legal.

Tina
Doesn´t this, (being charged only the normal fee if cought), in some way
encourage the unauthorized use of photos? Since there is no real penalty.
It can tempt publishers to unauthorized use, since they only have to pay
the normal price if caught.
Or is the idea that it should be "cheap" enough to they dont try to fight
it.

/Anders Nygren