Subject: RE: [Leica] Zoom Saga
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:13:34 -0600

De: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell@softcom.net>

snip
>Lastly,
>
>>>in all fraud cases there has to be injury<<
>
>Austin, are you sure of this? If someone fraudulently writes checks on your
>account but gets caught before any money is actually paid would you agree
>that there is no case?

I am not an atterney and I am not American, but I think that in Sweden that
would be called an attempt to fraud.

Isnīt there a number of steps here.
Writing a false check but not yet trying to cash it, -> conspiracy
Trying to cash it and getting caught -> attempt
Actually managing to cash it             -> fraud.

/Anders Nygren

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> ([Leica] Dan Post and Legal History)