Subject: Re: [Leica] 8/12 bit modes in Photoshop.
From: "Feliciano di Giorgio" <feli@d2.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:21:35 -0800

>The Nikon Coolscan can scan in either 8 or 12 bit, but Photoshop seems only
>to be happy working in 8-bit.
>
>Is there any way around this or is there something I missing ?

Photoshop will work in 16bit, but you are limited to color correction and I
believe the cloning features. If you want to do anything beyond that you have
to convert to 8bit.

feli

Max: Here Franz, take the money- go out and buy bullets and shoot all
     the actors, they're the ones ridiculing your beloved Fuehrer...
Leo: What!? You can't do that, you can't shoot the actors,
     they're not animals!
Max: They're not?!? Have you ever eaten with one???
				       -Zero Mostel/"The Producers", 1968
      Feli di Giorgio * feli@d2.com * DIGITAL DOMAIN VISUAL EFFECTS