Subject: RE: [Leica] Trying to improve my scans
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:45:44 +0100

On 12 Mar 2001, at 15:28, Austin Franklin wrote:

> You should do most, if not all, of your adjustments in your scanner
> software, unless you scan in either raw mode or high-bit mode.  If you
> don't, you will get posterizing.

Agreed, that you should get as close as possible with the scanner
controls. I don't think it is categorical that you will get posterizing if
you don't.

> As far as brightness and contrast, that is not true for B&W.

The advantage of working with levels is that you've got some visual
clues in the histogram, which you don't with the
contrast/brightness adjustment. I can screw up an image with c/b if
I try.