Subject: [Leica] Leica Product Codes
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:05:54 -0500

To the Interested Lugger,
    The Leica Product codes were originally created to make ordering easier
for the distributors.
    Orders came into Leica by cables or telegrams. Saying X-distributor
wanted 25 LETTO; 25 LECUR is easier, cheaper, and more accurate than saying,
I want 25 Model A's with brown leather cases and 25 Model B's with Compur
shutters.
    Remember this was done in the days before e-mail, faxes, inexpensive
telephone communications, etc.
    If there is a system to it, I'd check, any of the Lager, of Laney books
for it.
    Hope this helps..

Happy Snapping,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.