Subject: Re: [Leica] Trying to improve my scans
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:42:06 +0100

Hi Tim,

Let's hear about your technique, I would benefit too. I usually use the
middle slider to get the overall exposure right (if needed), and then move
the two extreme sliders a bit towards the middle to increase contrast
(again, when needed). The amount of movement is determined by the
histogram: I try to move the black slider to the point where the histogram
starts rising, and the white slider to the point where it almost touches
the horizontal axis.

Nathan

Tim Spragens wrote:

> Agreed, it is much better. I'd suggest staying away from
> brightness/contrast, nothing there you can't do in levels. If you can't
> get what you want moving the middle grey pointer, I've got a
> technique that gives more control over upper and lower tones. Let
> me know and I'll write it up.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland