Subject: RE: [Leica] Austin Franklin: Baiter-at-Law
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:53:57 -0500

> >Also, because there is no tort reform
> >as of yet, lawyers are allowed to sue for ridiculous things...and are
> >awarded ridiculous compensation for such.
>
> Now, that statement both is hurtful to me, and is statistically
> meaningless.
>
> The "ridiculous compensation" you speak of might involve 50 or 100
> attorneys a year, out of a US population of some 200,000 or so
> attorneys.

Hey, I didn't say ALL lawyers, I should have said "some", sorry!  I like
some lawyers, heck, I even work for some...  There are quite a few bad
lawyers out there...who have no ethics on what cases they take, but there
are also some very good ones.  That's true with photographers, camera
dealers and most any profession.

> But, please, don't start picking on lawyers again.  I really am sensitive
> on the issue.

Oh Marc, I'm sure you're one of the good ones ;-)