Subject: Re: [Leica] Which M6?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 15:28:09 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 11/03/01 18:55:37 Paris, Madrid, dpost@triad.rr.com
a écrit :

<< John-
 You have hit upon it! Personal preference!
 Personally, as I indicated in an earlier post, I would love to see the
 return of the .91X vf like the M3 had! In fact, I am sure that Leitz could
 offer custome VF magnification, if they had their old tooling- they could
 give you a TTL M6 with the display you like, and the magnification at .72x,
 .85X or .91X as an option! I would even like the RF to have the little
 diopter built in like the LTMs- I really enjoy that feature since if I want
 to get down and dirty, I can leave my glasses on, or tip them up, adjust the
 diopter, and focus without the glasses- and get closer to the eyepiece!
 Granted, I am not a fast action sports shooter (My wife says I an 'half
 fast' or something like that....) but I find that a very desirable feature.
 In fact. on of the nice things about the R7, and I guess the R8 has it too,
 was they little diopter dial in the back that made using the R a real
 pleasure!
 I know that in a sense most of us regard the M6 as the penultimate
 development of the Leica, and the Leica as the ultimate in shooting ease and
 comfort, not to mention results, but it would be nice if certain personal
 preferences could be address without a lengthy search of 'just the right
 one'!!!
 Persoanlly, I find that I use the IIIf or IIIc a lot with the 35 and the
 35vf to the point that I hardly use the M6 at all! Personal preferences are
 the one bugbear we can't eliminate- it keeps us from all thinkng alike,
 thank goodness! Incidently, my M6 was a late version of the classic with the
 .85x viewfinder, and though I like it, I think I would actually do something
 sinful if I thought I could get a .91X M3 type VF with 35mm framelines
 somehow!!

 Dan ( Who thinks the 24x36mm googlepixel CCD will spell the end of film....
 maybe.) Post