Subject: Re: [Leica] can m cameras be made more quiet?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:38:57 -0500

I know it would be ridiculous for Leica to do a 'retro' M camera, but since
they went to the effort to make the 'O' model, I was dreaming the other day
about Leica remaking the M3, or perhaps an M4, with the nice .91X
viewfinder, no meter for those of us who actually carry handheld meters, and
perhaps adding 35mm framelines! I imagine they could sell it for what an M6
would sell for, and since there seems to be a lot of demand for the M3-M4-
not just as a collectible, but as a wonderful user. I would rather buy a
replica to shoot with since I actually sold my M4 because it was too nice to
use, and I could sell it for what an M6 cost!- I wasn't the least bit leary
about uising the M6 since it was 'current' and could easily be replaced!
Call me crazy, but I bet more replica M3 or M4s would sell than any number
of 'O' models! Despite the inherent beauty, they are nice to use!! ( or
perhaps a IIIg with a meter where the self timer used to reside!!!)

Dan (Sunday afternoon, post-prandial musings) Post