Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A REPLACEMENT TOPIC
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 17:33:06 -0500

Mark Cohen wrote:

> What about Jock Sturges http://www.agallery.com/sturges.html and Sally Mann.
> They both took pictures of Nude children (With their parents (and
> permission)..
>

> -Mark *Who has yet to get anyone to take off their clothes for his camera.
> :( * Cohen

Well, in my humble opinion, Jock Sturges is a pornographer posing as an
artist....and, as I've said here before, I have real problems with Sally
Mann, or anyone else for that matter, making nude photos of children for
public display, whether they be "art" or not. The children cannot
consent; therefore, to photograph them nude, and display the photos,
raises enormous ethical problems.

B. D.