Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Contax T3
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 23:36:05 -0800

Ken Iisaka wrote:

> What's interesting is that despite the "Sonnar" name, it is not in the
> Sonnar configuration, which can be described as a modified Triplet, with
> cemented doublet, or triplet in the middle, and a singlet, or a cemented
> doublet in the back.  The configuration is pretty unique, though resembles a
> Tessar, with a cemented doublet behind it.
>
><Snip>
Sonnar has a better ring to it than Tessar, Ken!
35 has a better ring to it than 38 as well.
I think money is the issue. To sell lots of cameras.
I find the overall look of the camera appealing.
I expect the results to be quite good and the price right.
I've got a jacket pocket that needs a camera in it.
Terminator 3 is coming up!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA