Subject: Re: [Leica] Which M6?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:00:17 +0100

The TTL has in principle two advantages over the classic: (1) obviously the TTL
function, and (2) a more sensitive exposure meter. The larger shutter dial of the
TTL should also be an advantage, and since you do not have any other M6s, the fact
that it rotates in the opposite direction compared to all previous Leica Ms should
be no problem.

On the other hand, some people have reported problems with fast battery
consumption on the TTL.

In the end, I doubt that any of this matters much. I would buy whichever I can
find at the best price.

Nathan

Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I am thinking about getting a M6. I believe the .85 is probaly the one for me,
> since I tend to use long lenses. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should get
> the M6 .85 TTL or a M6 .85 "Classic". Anyone have any comments, opinions?
> I've never had the need for flash, but you never know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> feli
>
> --
> Max: Here Franz, take the money- go out and buy bullets and shoot all
>      the actors, they're the ones ridiculing your beloved Fuehrer...
> Leo: What!? You can't do that, you can't shoot the actors,
>      they're not animals!
> Max: They're not?!? Have you ever eaten with one???
>                                        -Zero Mostel/"The Producers", 1968
>       Feli di Giorgio * feli@d2.com * DIGITAL DOMAIN VISUAL EFFECTS

- --
Nathan Wajsman