Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 400 and 400 Delta New Ilford films
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:45:28 +0100

My experience with the 3 rolls I shot (samples obtained from Ilford at
Photokina) is also that while faster than the "old" Delta 400, it is grainier.
The magazines that have tested it, such as Chausseur d'Images, have come to the
same conclusion. One of them even wrote that Ilford basically brought back the
HP5 in Delta guise and destroyed the distinguishing features of Delta 400 (fine
grain).

Nathan

Guy Bennett wrote:

> I have used the new film, though have not formally tested it. I'm not
> surprised that it's faster (I know it certainly pushes better), but I would
> definitely disagree that it is finer grained.
>
> I'll be interested to hear your findings.
>
> Guy

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland