Subject: [Leica] Mercury batteries
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:59:02 +0100

Occasionally people ask about what to do about cameras and light meters
using the now banned mercury batteries. There are some solutions, like
the CRIS adapter or the Wein cells etc. However, here in Switzerland
Varta mercury batteries are still available in some shops. I do not know
if they are still being produced; I doubt it and think that what I am
seeing is the remainder of the distributor's stock moving through the
pipeline. I have stocked up for my own Leicaflex SL and can offer people
the following batteries:

PX625 at US$5 each
PX27 at US$10 each

Prices include postage and minimum order is $20.

Please contact me off-list if interested.

I do not know how long I will continue to be able to buy these, so
contact me for availability. At the moment it seems that the PX625s are
more plentiful than the PX27s. I have also seen PX675s, but I am not
sure if they are used in any Leica or Rollei cameras. Should you,
however, need those, let me know and I will check the price.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland