Subject: Re: [Leica] meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:17:46 +0100

> I think maybe the "luddites" who decry the use of a meter are
> "selective luddites". Do they focus using the rangefinder/focusing
> screen or do they take pride in being able to judge distance accurately
> enough without it? Do they refer to the frame-counter or do they trust
> their memories to know how many exposures they've taken? It all comes
> with practice ...

Me, yes. I use old 6x9 folder wide open (f/5.8) judging distance.
Also i used both Rollei35 and Minox 35GT that way. Rest of time
I mainly make use of DOF scale - don't want to waste streetphotography
time for focussing... twas also a reason why I dumped EOS...

All CLUG (Chapleau Leica Users Group) uses Leica's Standard
without rangefinder also. Look at:

http://chapleau.com/clug/

and look at Hugh Kuttner's galleries. Any comments?
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!)